What are the things you’re looking for in a spare tire bag?
- 1 Overview
- 2 WHAT IS A SPARE TIRE BAG?
- 3 ALL-TOP SPARE TIRE BAG
- 4 JOYTUTUS SPARE TIRE BAG
- 5 OFFROADING GEAR SPARE TIRE BAG
- 6 WHAT OTHER ITEMS CAN YOU PUT INSIDE A SPARE TIRE BAG?
- 7 WHAT’S THE RECOMMENDED SIZE FOR A SPARE TIRE BAG?
- 8 HOW DO YOU MOUNT A SPARE TIRE BAG?
- 9 WHAT’S THE DURABILITY OF A SPARE TIRE BAG?
- 10 CONCLUSION
In this article, we give you bits and pieces of what makes a spare tire bag truly great and see which ones we’ve handpicked just for you.
WHAT IS A SPARE TIRE BAG?
A spare tire bag is exactly what its name says – it clings to your spare tire and allots a separate place for your other valuables so you don’t have to drag them in your 4×4, where they can take up too much space. After all, you’d also need a room for your peers and pets.
ALL-TOP SPARE TIRE BAG
Buy on Amazon now: https://www.amazon.com/B07VTNPFC7
When it comes to the ultimate protection for your spare tire, The ALL-TOP Overland Series Spare Tire Bag is the answer.
This spare tire bag is made from reinforced 1680D Canvas that boasts of a huge durability level – it’s infused with a water-resistant coating, with double-stitched straps, and UV-resistant buckles to keep your valuables intact.
It also has reflective strips to for vehicle visibility in dark places where there’s very little lighting.
ALL-TOP Spare Tire Bag Pros & Cons
- Can store other items like work tools.
- Useful for emergency cases.
- With drainage holes to easily get rid of interior leaks.
- Currently available in 4 colors.
- Strap adjustment can be an issue.
- Draw strings doesn’t seem to have a purpose.
- Color easily fades.
- Slightly expensive than the other spare tire bags.
JOYTUTUS SPARE TIRE BAG
Buy on Amazon now: https://www.amazon.com/B0865SH89Z
If you prefer a spare tire bag that’s not prone to the common wear and tear problem, the JOYTUTUS Overland Series Spare Tire Bag is a good choice.
This is a spare tire bag that’s made from a thick Oxford fabric which can take a beating on the harsh environments you may possibly find yourself into.
Another good thing to note about it is it consists of 4 wide belt buckles that neatly settle on its surface. These ensure that no amount of dirt or dust gets inside your stuff.
JOYTUTUS Spare Tire Bag Pros & Cons
- Reasonably priced.
- With double-stitched straps and UV-resistant buckles too.
- Can also be used for off-roading and camping.
- Also with reflective strips for emergency cases.
- Vehicle specific.
- Installation can be quite difficult.
- Limited color selection.
OFFROADING GEAR SPARE TIRE BAG
Buy on Amazon now: https://www.amazon.com/B07FWCNJD8
Need a spare tire bag that can perhaps be stealthy? Look no further than Offroading Gear’s Spare Tire Bag.
We say it’s stealthy because it comes with a special D-ring that allows it to be hung on different places of your 4×4. You can even mount it higher than usual so wild animals won’t have access to your valuables.
And because of this, it’s also a universal fit – this means it suits most types of vehicles such as trucks, jeeps, and SUVs without making too many adjustments.
Offroading Gear Spare Tire Bag Pros & Cons
- The most compact of the three spare tire bags.
- Reasonably priced.
- Can contain food and laundry clothes.
- Made from UV-resistant 900D Polyester fabric.
- Easy to install.
- Limited color selection.
- Buckles easily break.
WHAT OTHER ITEMS CAN YOU PUT INSIDE A SPARE TIRE BAG?
Since spare tire bags are known for their roomy feature, you can practically store different types of items from basic knickknacks to very important ones like:
Spare Tire Bags
- Food and drinks
- Pet toys
- Excess gadgets and accessories
- Usual repair tools like bolts, screws, hammers
- 4×4 recovery items like ropes, winch dampeners, snatch straps
- Simple hauling materials
WHAT’S THE RECOMMENDED SIZE FOR A SPARE TIRE BAG?
Getting the correct spare tire bag lies on the face of your spare tire itself (Literally). Check the side wall of your spare tire where you can find certain marks (more like a combination of numbers and letters).
For example, your tire indicates 35×20.65R30LT, the 35 meant the tire height, 20.65 meant the tire width, while 30 meant the wheel size or diameter, and they’re all in inches. The diameter will determine the spare tire bag that correctly holds to your tire.
For a more detailed explanation on this matter, read our article on How to Pick and Measure ATV Tires.
HOW DO YOU MOUNT A SPARE TIRE BAG?
The bag itself is normally attached to the spare tire at the back of the 4×4. This is done by criss-crossing the bag’s straps around it and fastening its buckles to keep the bag in place.
On the other hand, if you don’t like the idea of your bag sitting at the back of your spare tire just outside, you can use the D-ring, a mounting hardware that lets you put it anywhere you want to (e.g., attaching the bag behind the driver’s seat by looping the D-ring and straps around the headrest’s neck).
WHAT’S THE DURABILITY OF A SPARE TIRE BAG?
The spare tire bag’s composition or material plays an important role in longevity. This is because what makes them up can contribute to their level of resiliency against outer forces.
Some common spare tire bag fabrics are the following:
- Canvas fabric – is cotton and linen infused with plastic fibers or coating for sturdiness and water resistance.
- Oxford fabric – is known for its breathable function. When combined with plastic fibers, it’s quite elastic and easy to wash.
- Polyester fabric – is known for being effective against frequent exposure from sun’s heat.
What are those strange marks on the surface saying 900D?
Putting your stuff in the right spare tire bag helps you prevent the terrifying possibility of damaging or losing them for good. But to do that, you need to weigh your options carefully in accordance with our given guide. Don’t forget to check out our highly-recommended spare tire bags though!