Want to surprise your 4x4ing best friend with affordable 4×4 accessories, as gifts for his birthday? Or are you just aiming to revamp your vehicle, without breaking your savings account? Whatever your reason is, let this brilliant list of top 4×4 products under $50 help you achieve your goal.
Grit Performance Cargo Net
Do you have too many items to carry on your trip? Keep everything in place with Grit Performance Heavy Duty Bungee Cargo Net.
This 4×4 product consists of five-millimeter, extra thick bungee webbing for added strength. Because of this, it can withstand the effects of wind and other elements. Plus, its 4×4-inch squares firmly hold your valuables, whether big or small, despite potential stretches. And, you can set it on your four-wheel vehicle, effortlessly.
This product can reach to 12 inches long and 8 inches wide. It comes with a storage bag that lets you easily take it, wherever you like.
- Its durability makes it strong against different factors of possible damage.
- Its tiny squares are firm enough to prevent your valuables from slipping through.
- You won’t have trouble setting it on your vehicle’s cargo bed because it doesn’t get entwined.
- Its storage bag neatly keeps it away.
- If it’s overly stretched, it won’t go back to its normal size.
- The carabiners are light and they get damaged in only a couple of uses.
- The carabiners sometimes get stuck.
Cabela’s Floor Mats
Often buying new rugs for your four-wheel drive? Prevent unnecessary spending by using Cabela’s TrailGear Floor Mats.
These 4×4 products are made from a water-resistant rubber component that protects them against early deterioration. What’s more to love about them is the fact that they contain dirt, snow, and other eye sores in their grooves, so they won’t make a mess in other areas of your vehicle. Their bonus feature is the non-skid base to keep them still.
Each product measures 31 inches long and 20 inches wide. Choose between plain black and Zonz Woodlands design.
- They stay where they are, no matter what move your feet make.
- They prevent dirt and other elements from ruining your vehicle carpet.
- They’re surprisingly useful and affordable at the same time.
- You can easily clean them.
- You might need to do a minor adjustment like cutting to make them fit on your vehicle’s floor.
- They’re not waterproof.
- If you aren’t keen enough in buying them, you won’t know they’re sold in pairs.
SUPAREE Grab Bars
Find it annoying when you suddenly lose your balance in your jeep or bump certain parts of your body, when traversing an uneven path? Hold on to SUPAREE Grab Bars.
These 4×4 products are quick to install that you no longer have to drill holes in certain portions of your vehicle. As a matter of fact, you can install them in only a few minutes, ideal when you have other important things to do. And because they’re specifically designed to be non-slipping, they’ll help you move in and out of your vehicle, with minimal effort.
This four-piece product can be attached to your vehicle’s rear portion, without worrying about rust and corrosion threats, due to its powder coating. It comes in three designs; rear, front, and roll, in black and red colors.
- Great for those who have difficulty moving in and out of the vehicle.
- They help you maintain your balance during bumpy rides.
- They’re made from top quality stainless steel for a longer lifespan.
- Its surface doesn’t crack or flake.
- They stay in place.
- They’re designed for Wrangler Jeep JK Rubicon Sahara Sport Four-Door models from 2007 to 2017, so it’s possible to experience problems with other brands and models.
- Their screws are short.
- Their side bolts are a bit hard to readjust.
- They’re installation manual is quite difficult to follow.
Adventure King Roof Bag
If you’re not comfortable with using a cargo net because some of your valuables are smaller or thinner than usual, then go for Adventure King’s Rooftop Bag for maximum security.
This 4×4 product is composed of a water-resistant polyester Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) lining to ensure that your stuff won’t be soaking wet during a bad weather, which could damage them. But it’s not the only thing it does, since it’s also an excellent insulator of dirt.
This 5-kilogram product is 110 centimeters long, 90 centimeters wide, and 30 centimeters thick. It’s not see-through which means your belongings remain intact, inside.
- It’s compressible which gives more room for your other valuables.
- It doesn’t have holes or windows from where your smaller items could slip through.
- Its polyester PVC material makes it last for many years.
- Dust and dirt won’t contaminate your stuff.
- It looks like a sophisticated backpack.
- It’s not waterproof.
- It’s not compatible with all roof racks.
- You can’t put a mini fridge in it.
LED Pod Lights
Feeling alarmed when your vehicle flood light immediately heats up at a scorching level, after using it for only an hour? Stop compromising your safety by switching to Auxbeam LED Pod Flood Lights.
These 4×4 products are constructed with a vertical fin design that stops excessive heat accumulation, through its equal heat distribution function. As a result, they won’t quickly heat up. Furthermore, they’re equipped with Light Emitting Diode (LED) lights that consume less energy, making them last for more than 50,000 hours.
Each product is 10.6 inches long, 5.2 inches wide, and 3.9 inches thick. What’s also remarkable about them is they’re not only waterproof but also shock and dustproof, with the added benefit of corrosion-resistant. Through these, you’ll have the peace of mind to travel, regardless of the geographical condition.
- They’re tough against damage from impact.
- They clearly illuminate your path.
- Their adjustable mounting brackets let you conveniently redirect their lighting position.
- They’re energy-efficient.
- Moisture has no way to seep through them.
- It takes a reasonable amount of effort to mount them.
- You might need to provide your own wiring to properly mount them.
- They can become quite warm, when in use.
- They’re not really 18 Watts as what was stated in their online store.
What to Look for When Buying
With the many beautiful 4×4 accessories in the market today, it would be difficult to pick those that’ll add value to your four-wheel drive, especially if they’re something that’s out of your purchasing power. Because of this, make sure that you look into these factors, before you finally get your hands on them.
- Price – If you don’t want to stretch your budget to the extreme, your number one priority should be the price. Taking into consideration the price of your chosen product helps you determine up to how far your money can take you and how good the quality of the product is. As a rule of thumb, always aim for the golden mean. In other words, opt for something that’s neither too expensive nor too cheap.
- Specifications – Beware of false advertising. There are countless brands both online and onsite that have a knack for misleading their customers. For example, you decided to buy new grab bars because it states in their package they’re stable enough to hold on to during rough rides, only to find out they easily snap. Such instances require you to check the validity of the product info by contacting the product’s brand representative or asking for a demonstration.
- Installation – Realizing a product’s purpose is different from learning how to ready the product for use. Let’s say, you want to buy a cargo net to hold your valuables in place but you don’t know how it’s done. In this case, you have to seek assistance on how to properly set the clips or carabiners. Doing so helps you save time and energy in doing it alone, or avoid the temptation of not using the cargo net at all.
Choosing 4×4 accessories is something that shouldn’t hurt your budget. In fact, it shouldn’t be a tedious task, either. As long as you know what you’re buying based on the price, specifications, and installation, you not only spend less but you also get the most out of what you pay for.